Central London is a captivating fusion of history and innovation, where centuries-old architectural treasures coexist with cutting-edge design and modern aesthetics. As the heart of the United Kingdom’s capital city, it is a dynamic canvas for interior design and architectural ingenuity. In this vibrant metropolis, interior designers and architects are challenged and inspired by the rich tapestry of styles.
From the Gothic grandeur of Westminster Abbey to the sleek lines of contemporary skyscrapers like The Shard, Central London showcases the evolution of design trends over time and serves as a hub where creativity, culture, and architectural innovation converge to shape the city’s aesthetic landscape.
Specialising in all manner of property design, redesign, and everything in between, Callender Howorth offers an unparalleled service in Central London. With quality work that is nothing short of exceptional, Callender Howorth consistently exceeds the expectations of its clients in the most prestigious areas of Central London, such as Knightsbridge, Marylebone and Belgravia.
Our approachable and creative Central London Interior Designers would love to discuss your ideas for your home.
Central London is where Callender Howorth’s interior designers have honed their craft, bringing their wealth of experience to some of the city’s most exquisite property renovations and redesigns. In one remarkable project nestled in the heart of Mayfair, we transformed a Mews house into the ultimate party pad.
This entailed a complete overhaul of the property, reimagining its interior from the ground up to create an illusion of spaciousness within its relatively modest footprint. On the top floor, three cramped bedrooms were seamlessly merged into one grand master suite. The design incorporated elements like coloured glass walls and contemporary art, evoking a distinct ‘James Bond’ aura. The result is a harmonious blend of sophistication and playful elegance.
We breathed new life into a rather lacklustre Knightsbridge penthouse in another endeavour, infusing it with contemporary fittings that revitalised the space. Our Central London interior designers also worked their magic on a five-story family house in Kensington, a property untouched for three decades. A soothing palette of natural colours and gentle lighting crafted an airy and inviting ambience.
The transformation extended to installing two guest suites, staff quarters, a gym, and a wine cellar. Luxurious accents, such as a grand chandelier on the main landing, were introduced to infuse a pervasive sense of sophistication throughout the residence.
Central London has a wealth of architectural landmarks, ranging from historic structures to modern marvels. Here are some notable ones:
– The Palace of Westminster (Houses of Parliament): This iconic neo-Gothic building along the River Thames houses the UK’s parliament. The Big Ben clock tower is a part of this complex.
– Westminster Abbey: A stunning example of medieval Gothic architecture, Westminster Abbey is known for its intricate stained glass windows and vaulted ceilings and as the site of numerous royal ceremonies.
– St. Paul’s Cathedral: Sir Christopher Wren’s masterpiece features a magnificent dome known for its beautiful interior and panoramic views from the dome’s gallery.
– Tower Bridge: Often mistaken for London Bridge, Tower Bridge is an iconic bascule and suspension bridge that spans the River Thames. It’s known for its impressive architecture and the ability to lift its central section to allow tall ships to pass.
– The Shard: A modern architectural wonder, The Shard is a glass skyscraper designed by Renzo Piano. It’s the tallest building in the United Kingdom and offers stunning views of London from its observation deck.
– The Gherkin (30 St Mary Axe): This distinctively shaped skyscraper is known for its energy-efficient design and innovative architecture.
– The British Museum: While primarily known for its world-class collection, its architecture is impressive, featuring a beautiful Great Court designed by Sir Norman Foster.
– The Tate Modern: Housed in a converted power station, the Tate Modern is a striking example of industrial architecture and is one of the world’s most renowned contemporary art museums.
– Buckingham Palace: The official residence of the British monarch, Buckingham Palace is a grand neoclassical building known for its Changing of the Guard ceremony.
– The Royal Albert Hall: A Victorian-era concert hall with an iconic domed roof, hosts various events, from concerts to award ceremonies.
– The Natural History Museum: Another beautiful example of Victorian architecture, this grand entrance hall features a stunning array of decorative details. The museum has recently undergone a major £150m renovation programme with the help of Central London interior designers.
– The Shard: London’s tallest skyscraper, The Shard’s modern glass exterior contrasts the city’s historic architecture.
– Covent Garden: This historic market area is known for its charming architecture, street performances, and cultural attractions.
– The Royal Observatory, Greenwich: Located in Greenwich, it’s famous for its Prime Meridian Line and stunning hilltop location with beautiful views of London.
– The Royal Opera House is an iconic opera and ballet venue with a beautiful neoclassical façade.
Central London boasts an impressive array of museums and art galleries, each offering a unique cultural experience. Kensington stands out with two renowned museums, the Natural History Museum and Science Museum, appealing to visitors of all ages.
In the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London’s intellectual hub, lies the British Museum, celebrated for its extensive collection of antiquities. Covent Garden, a vibrant neighbourhood, houses The London Transport Museum, a dream come true for Central London interior designers. This museum resides within a captivating Grade II-listed flower market building, exuding architectural charm.
Trafalgar Square proudly hosts The National Gallery, home to masterpieces by international legends like Monet, Picasso, and Rembrandt. On the South Bank, Tate Modern captivates with contemporary art in a stunning architectural marvel. Meanwhile, Tate Britain showcases the world’s most extensive collection of British art. Central London invites you to explore time and creativity in its exceptional museums and galleries.
Central London is a culinary haven boasting an array of international and upmarket dining options. Gordon Ramsay’s two-Michelin-star restaurant, Petrus, excels in modern French cuisine. For Michelin-starred excellence, Amaya serves Indian delicacies.
Boisdale of Belgravia is a delightful choice for a taste of traditional Scottish fare paired with live jazz and a cigar bar. Heston Blumenthal’s 2-Michelin star menu at the Mandarin Oriental presents experimental dishes inspired by the 15th and 16th centuries.
The Orange Public House and Hotel in Pimlico is a top pick if you’re in the mood for gastro-pub meals. For a seamless shopping and dining experience, Harrods beckons with its chic restaurants and nearby Harvey Nichols Fifth Floor restaurant.
And if you ever yearn for a countryside escape, a direct rail connection through Central London to Harpenden, Hertfordshire, awaits. Central London caters to diverse tastes, making it a culinary and interior designer’s paradise.
Central London is a trendy place to live, offering a blend of relaxation, job opportunities, and vibrant culture. Unlike many modern cities, London boasts ample green spaces, including the expansive Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. The Royal Parks of Central London, such as St James’s Park, Green Park, and Regent’s Park, offer additional recreational options.
The city boasts a wealth of high-quality schools catering to various ages and genders, including St Benedict’s School, Westminster School, and Eaton Square School, among numerous others.
London has long been a magnet for notable individuals and celebrities. Recent famous residents, like Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim Burton, and Helena Bonham Carter, have likely enlisted the expertise of Central London interior designers to transform their homes into sources of inspiration.
Please contact our Central London interior design team for help with your project. We are more than happy to come to you to discuss your requirements.
Leaders in smart home technology and the latest “must have” audio visual elements for the home
Dedicated Project Managers that ensure all projects are to budget and on time
A fun team that loves what we do!
Just want to say a big thank you to everyone at Callender Howorth. We love our new home and you made the whole renovation go so smoothly and finished dot on time for the birth of my daughter! Especially thanks for the quirky design ideas that really have made our new home so special.
Our villa in the hills of Nice is perfect!!! Thank you all at Callender Howorth. We loved working with you so much and will miss the “rose fuelled” design meetings! Merci Beaucoup